Here’s a weekend breakfast treat. Invite your gluten-free and wheat-eating friends over. I’ve seen lots of people gobble these down!
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour (I enjoy buckwheat, teff, and mesquite)
- 1 tbsp flax powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼-1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Mix the wet ingredients together until blended. There will still be some chunks of banana.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix by hand. Do not over mix.
- Heat up a griddle. Add a tsp of coconut oil.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Cook on first side until bubbles form on the top. Flip and cook until lightly browned. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with blueberry jam or maple syrup.
Note: The coconut flour browns quickly. so adjust the heat accordingly. Don’t let the outside brown before the inside is cooked.